Lemnos Labs is looking for entrepreneurs who are ready to change the world. We accept startups into our program year-round, and the application process is fairly simple if you are already brainstorming and prototyping your concept. You might be ready to graduate from college, stuck in a large engineering firm, or tinkering on something in your garage, but the common thread is that you’re building a hardware prototype that can impact many people’s lives.
There is no archetype of who we accept into the program, but we do look favorably at the following characteristics:
- Technically minded founders. We love founders who are actively building their prototype
- Experience and expertise. The more you know about the existing products, technology, and customers in your target market, the more likely you are to succeed. Whether this knowledge comes from academia or real-world experience, we like it
- A duct-tape prototype. Lemnos Labs is filled with Makers. It doesn’t have to work well and it doesn’t have to be pretty, but we like to see and touch the future as we invest in it and you
- Pure, unbridled passion for what you are doing
Applicants often ask if there are product categories we are more interested in and others that we are not. The answer is no. We are interested in small, talented teams working on problems that have a wide impact. Embedding intelligence in the mundane objects of our world can have as much impact as the revolutionary idea that disrupts a market segment.
There are a few things that today we unfortunately can not support with our program:
- Startups unable to move to San Francisco and join us in the Lemnos Labs facility (which we lovingly call “The Forge”)
- Startups whose headquarters are incorporated outside the United States or Canada
- Startups whose founding team is unable to legally work in the United States. We can not provide visa assistance
- Startups whose entire founding team is not technically oriented and want Lemnos Labs to help them build a technical team around their idea
When you are ready to submit an application, please include the following information to help our evaluation process:
- Description of your core product and the technologies that enable it
- Description of the market segments and target customers you want to delight
- What are your thoughts on a go-to-market strategy to reach those customers?
- How do you make money? What is the essence of your business model?
- Full biographies of the team, explaining how their skills help create an amazing company
- A rough budget for the next six to twelve months
- A rough technical development plan with key milestones for the next six to twelve months
- Relevant links about your team members, company, and idea on the internet (website, LinkedIn, etc.)
We also appreciate video or other material that helps us better your prototype and startup. Also, we’re not looking for the final, “correct” answers to the above questions, but we are very interested in the how you got to your answers…
When you are ready to make the big leap and move from a duct-tape prototype to a hardware startup on the path to glory, please send an executive summary to email@example.com. After we receive your application, we promise to review it within 72 hours and respond with next steps. We will either tell you that the idea doesn’t fit within Lemnos Labs or discuss the next steps in the evaluation process.
We’re excited to see your application. Come join in the next hardware revolution!